Sunday, July 8, 2012

Grilled Portobello Burger


This one gets credit to Tommy.  Recently, as some of you may have read, we had a weekend getaway planned that didn't end up happening due to some weird stormage.  With the money we ended up not spending on staying overnight somewhere we splurged on a new grill (and by "splurged" I mean, it was on super sale...come on peeps! You know I don't pay full price for anything!).

So, we're grillers now! And by "we" I guess I mean Tommy...although I like to think that I'd be good at it if I was given a chance.  Dudes just seem to think they are automatically awesome at grilling.  I'm gonna say some genius woman brainwashed her man into believing that, because she didn't want to be standing outside cooking food over a FIRE when it was 100 degrees outside.  Her trend caught on.

Anyways, this was terribly easy (from what I could see).  Trust me, Tommy's cooking skills are about as "awesome" as mine. Neither of us can cook if it isn't easy.

Grilled Portobello Burger
(Sidenote spellcheck! Get with the program.  When I'm saying Portobello I'm NOT trying to say PORTABLE! Sheesh. Update your vocab already.)

Ingredients:

  • Portobello Mushroom Caps
  • Balsamic Vinagerette Dressing
  • Sliced Green Pepper & Onion with a little Olive Oil & salt and peppa
  • Mayo
  • Red Pepper Chipotle Sauce
  • (and buns DUH!)


 Directions:

  • FIRE IN THE HOLE! Er...the grill.  
  • While that bad boy is heating up (since grills are dudes), rub your balsamic vin on the underside of your shrooms.  Then place on the grill saucy side up.  Oo! Make sure you rinse those shrooms out really good before you put em on the grill!
  • Give em a couple minutes, poke em, move around a little (at least that's what Tommy was doing), flip it over.  Put your Peppers & Onions on the grill now.  Make sure they're placed on foil so you don't burn the crap out of them.  
  • For the topping we made Chipotle Mayo.  Just mix together regular Mayo with a pepper sauce or chipotle sauce.  We always find awesome finds like that in the weird foody section at TJ Maxx or Marshall's.  I know that sounds weird, but it's true!
  • Put your buns on your grill top rack last.  Just long enough so they get a little toasty.  Mmmm.  
  • Take everything off the flame, plate up and serve!
Oh yeah! We added a little spinach lettuce to these guys too.  Super Delish.  Tommy was proud, and I was mega stuffed :) 




2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I've been wanting to try this! Definitely gonna do it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You should. And wait until you try the Quinoa Burgs that we made!!! You'll love those too!!

    ReplyDelete