Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cinnamon Dolce Latte? Yes Please!

My favorite things about Saturday Mornings:
  1. Making a pot of coffee.
  2. Reading while drinking a coffee OR crafting some cards while drinking my coffee.
  3. Walking the dogs without all the crazy traffic drivers all over the place.
I had this chip on my shoulder for a while because lately, I've lost my knack for being able to sleep in.  Tommy and my sister Evie have NOOOO problem with this hurdle of mine, so instead of laying in bed STEWING about how I wish I could still be sleeping, I've started a regular Saturday routine. Getting up, coffeeing, walking the dogs and putzing.  I feel way more accomplished by the time everyone else in the house wakes up anyways!

I'm totally a sucker for a good coffee and wish that it could be in the budget to make a daily trip to a local coffee shop for a fresh brew, BUT it also makes me feel pretty thrifty when I'm able to satisfy my spiced up coffee urges without spending a dime extra.  

My most recent kick has been the Cinnamon Dolce Latte, which normally costs me $3.95 from the coffee shop for a SMALL by where I work. Crazy, right?  So I decided, time to learn to spice this up on my own and GUESS WHAT? YEP!  It's easy...you know if it wasn't I wouldn't have mastered it.  

Make Your Own Cinnamon Dolce Latte

  • Make a Pot of Coffee
  • In your awesome Earth Mug from Ohio Pottery, gifted to you by your Mother-in-Law, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of sugar into your cup (more or less to taste to your liking).  Add a couple shakes of ground cinnamon and stir the dry ingredients together.  
  • Add cream or milk (again, if you like!).
  • Pour your coffee into your mug AND stir!  
  • I've been adding a dollop of cool whip to the top of mine with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top.  One of my FAVE additions to a good cup of joe is pouring hot coffee over frozen vanilla yogurt...yeah THAT's what I said!  It's delish too!  
And you know what?  I like it way better than Starbucks!  Starbucks over milks and over sugars their flavored mixtures.  And this little coffee treat goes EXCELLENTLY with Banana Bread.  



Yep. Try THAT on for a Saturday Morning.  Now don't you wish YOU couldn't sleep in at my house??  

No comments:

Post a Comment