My favorite things about Saturday Mornings:
- Making a pot of coffee.
- Reading while drinking a coffee OR crafting some cards while drinking my coffee.
- Walking the dogs without all the crazy traffic drivers all over the place.
I'm totally a sucker for a good coffee and wish that it could be in the budget to make a daily trip to a local coffee shop for a fresh brew, BUT it also makes me feel pretty thrifty when I'm able to satisfy my spiced up coffee urges without spending a dime extra.
My most recent kick has been the Cinnamon Dolce Latte, which normally costs me $3.95 from the coffee shop for a SMALL by where I work. Crazy, right? So I decided, time to learn to spice this up on my own and GUESS WHAT? YEP! It's easy...you know if it wasn't I wouldn't have mastered it.
Make Your Own Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Make a Pot of Coffee
- In your awesome Earth Mug from Ohio Pottery, gifted to you by your Mother-in-Law, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of sugar into your cup (more or less to taste to your liking). Add a couple shakes of ground cinnamon and stir the dry ingredients together.
- Add cream or milk (again, if you like!).
- Pour your coffee into your mug AND stir!
- I've been adding a dollop of cool whip to the top of mine with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top. One of my FAVE additions to a good cup of joe is pouring hot coffee over frozen vanilla yogurt...yeah THAT's what I said! It's delish too!
And you know what? I like it way better than Starbucks! Starbucks over milks and over sugars their flavored mixtures. And this little coffee treat goes EXCELLENTLY with Banana Bread.
Yep. Try THAT on for a Saturday Morning. Now don't you wish YOU couldn't sleep in at my house??