Friday, July 6, 2012

The All American Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza

Since it's that time of year when we're all EXTRA proud to be American, I thought I'd post a recipe for one of our new favorite breakfast treats, Breakfast Pizza!  What American wouldn't like the idea of combining pizza with scrambled eggs!?? That's what I thought!

As usual, since we all know I can't do anything complicated, it's SUPER easy.  Here's how:

Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients:
  • 1 tube of Biscuits or Croissant Rolls
  • 1 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 lb. (I used less) of pork sausage browned
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 milk
  • any extra toppings you want on your breakfast pizza: onions, peppers, mushrooms, hashbrowns?
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  
  • Flatten your croissant roll or biscuit dough onto your pizza pan (I want one of those pizza stones really bad.  We'll add that to my Christmas wish list).  You want your dough to make somewhat of a resemblance of a pizza crust.  It doesn't have to be a perfect circle (although that is a great band!).
  • Cover your crust with all your toppings: Sausage, Onions, Tomatoes, Peppers, whatevs!  
  • Sprinkle the Cheese on top of all your goodies.  
  • In a separate bowl, scramble your eggs and milk (or whatever if you want to lighten the calories a sckosh).  Pour the egg mixture right on top of all your cheesy, topping goodness!
  • Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes (our oven sucks, so it took a little longer).  Then slice 'er up and serve!!!

This is one of those recipes that you really can't screw up, which is why I LOOOOVE it.  I added a little ground pepper and ground red pepper to the top for a little spice, but it really doesn't even need seasoning.  You could totally spice it however you like though.  Tommy smothered his in hot sauce cuz that's how he loves his eggs.  

If I had had hash browns or potatoes I totally would have shredded some of those bad boys up and covered this yumminess with breakfast potatoes too, but I was working with limited ingredients on my morning whim!  Let me know how you spice yours up & ENJOY!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment