Own a Teapot that Whistles Teach a Kayaking Class Graduate from College Sing a song in French
When I went away to college my best friend, Krista, was the QUEEN of three things:
- Lists (She has VOLUMES of books just full of lists??? Who DOES that?? Hehe!)
- Pink Stuff
I thoroughly enjoy lists, but am not quite as psycho about lists as my sister, Amanda, who can't feel like something is completed unless she's crossed it off a list. She keeps her little list pad by her bed and makes lists like this:
- Take a Shower
- Put on undies & socks
- Wear deodorant
- Brush hair
- ...and so on...
Dude...I have to say two things...(in list form)
- Your day sounds like it starts uncomfortably since you don't dry off before putting on your socks & undies...
- If you can't get dressed in the morning without a list...um -- you's gots probs!!!
I actually haven't lived with Amanda for a few years now, so she may have grown out of this phase...but my gut tells me her obsessive disorder still exists to some degree.
ANYWAYS, most recently I've become pretty obsessed with blogging. My blogging obsession has taken my stalking skills to a whole new level. Facebook stalking aside, I stalk people and am totally intrigued by the lives of individuals I don't even know, such as:
- Jenna Weber who blogs on Eat, Live, Run - she inspired me to start red lipsticking and cook!
- Mandy who blogs about sewing, crafting and styling on Sugar Bee Crafts.
- Trevor who is Mandy's husband. His blog is the dude's version of living with a crafter. Hilar!
- Kate Conner who is a really cute girl who has this really cute green dress and she blogs about some really inspirational and thought provoking things...AND she made a LIFE LIST.
- Krista - who has instilled in me two things that have become part of my daily routine:
- List Making
- Journalling (How do you like THAT!? A list WITHIN a list. POW!)
- Kate Conner - who put her life list on her blog that I stalk.
So here she is, in ALL her glory...
Oh the places I will go:
- Machu Picchu
- The Grand Canyon
- Helena, Montana (to visit the coolest Aunt & Uncle & cousins EVA!)
- Ashville, New York (been here quite a few times, but I'll intend to visit quite a few more to see my OTHER coolest Aunt & Uncle & cousins...Since I only have two sets of coolest Aunts, Uncs & Cousins and we don't want anyone feeling less awesome or left out)
- Barcelona, Spain
- Mount Rushmore
- Redwood Forest
- Yellowstone National Park
- Cape Cod
- Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Portland, Maine
- San Francisco - The Golden Gate Bridge
- The Great Sphinx - Egypt
- Anchorage, Alaska
- San Antonio, Texas
- Tampa, Florida (to visit Great Uncle Bryne, Aunt Audrey & Uncle Arnold)
- Cut Boy Hair (more specifically, Tommy's)
- Learn to speak Spanish (maybe sending my kid to a bi-lingual school will school me too!)
- Sponsor a child (maybe adopt a child?)
- Have a child who is enjoyable to take in public places - restaurants, shopping, etc...
- Get Handier
- Successfully accomplish good furniture makeovers
- Sew stuff more
- Learn to follow a pattern
- Make a Quilt
- Plant & Harvest a SUCCESSFUL Garden (they all R.I.P. in Garden heaven never having harvested a plentiful bounty)
- Can things from my garden
- Live by water (I think preference is Lake, but I could settle for river and definitely an ocean!)
- Be featured for SOMETHING in Better Homes & Gardens.
- Read 1,000 books
- Have 1,000 blog followers
- Run 1,000 miles in a year
- Have an etsy store
- Eat at a Gordon Ramsay Restaurant
- Shake hands with Gordon someday
- Learn to make sushi
- Receive a hug from Paul Meany (ideally document this also with a photo)
- Take a photography class
- Get a masters degree
- Attend a conference about blogging (do these exist?!)
- Get inspired! Find something that makes you want to accomplish stuff...a book, a blog, a friend...
- Go make your own lists! It feels really great to jot stuff down, and it makes me more motivated to accomplish something when it's put in writing.
- Don't forget to dry off after getting out of the shower. Starting your day in wet socks and undies seems gross!