Sunday, September 2, 2012

DIY Brown Sugar Body Scrub


Looking for an easy party favor?  Or an inexpensive way to pamper yourself?  TOTALLY have the best and easiest DIY project that's cheap too, Brown Sugar Body Scrub!!!  I love body scrub.  It's one of my fave ways to pamper myself.

Tommy's the best guy in the world and always gives me these awesome pampery type presents for my stocking stuffers at Christmas.  Last Christmas he got me this sea salt scrub that I LOOOVED this...


Obey Your Body Mineral Body Salt Scrub Treatment Exfoliating Kiwi - ADSBeauty

One day I was reading the ingredients on the back of the container and wondered if I could recreate this.  While I don't think I could ever make an exact replica of this AMAZING body scrub that I love so much, I thought I could probably get pretty darn close to replenish my stash until next Christmas's stocking.

Since I'm no match for the perfect salt scrub I decided to go sugar!  I started reading about ingredients in a natural sugar scrub and it is CAKE!  Well, it's actually sugar, but it kinda smells like cake.  And you're never going to believe how easy this was.




Ingredients:

  • 3 cups of Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil (I would have liked to have used a coconut or sunflower oil, but those oils are a little more expensive and I didn't have any on hand at the house) 
  • 6 Tablespoons of honey
  • a Splish Splash of Vanilla Extract if you'd like (I thought this made it more like warm vanilla sugary...so I went with it)
Directions:
  1. It's basically a one stepper!  All you do is mix all the ingredients together, and then I chose to package them in these cutesie little containers that I got for $1 from Michael's...
MIX &...
 TA-DAH!!

These little containers are the perfect little bottles for a shower favor OR stocking stuffer!  I'm definitely going to start getting a little more creative with my aromatherapy skills and maybe try some different scents and oils.  Maybe SOMEDAY I'll venture into the Sea Salt Scrub world...but for now I'm going to leave that magic to Obey Your Body!  Try it out.  It's a great exfoliator and moisturizer.  Just rub it on in the shower and rinse!  Let me know what delicious and yummy flavors you concoct...this may be my new obsession!







No comments:

Post a Comment