Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hottness: Crock Pot Chicken Sandwiches

After the whole crockpot sapplesops jazz, I realized I was falling in love with my crockpot again.  Recently, my sister, Amanda got engaged and married and they had like fifty crockpots on their registry.  I kept thinking...what the H are the York's gonna do with fifty crockpots...the past few days I've been wishing I had fifty crockpots.  Could you imagine the smells that would be simmering through our little home?  MOUTH IS WATERING!

Fall is putting me in the early mood for Thanksgiving...and while my house was smelling like cinnamon apples I started drooling for stuffing.  I'm crazy about stuffing.  It's probably my favorite part of Thanksgiving meal.  My Grandma made the best stuffing, and now my mom has carried on that tradition.  I tried to makes Grandma's stuffing last year...better luck THIS year. Haha!

SO with crockpot and stuffing on the brain I decided I'm going to make my own crockpot invention.  There isn't too much you can screw up in a crock.  Just read over this recipe and TRY and tell me that doesn't make you hungry!?

What you need:
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (if you're being lazy, which I often times am, you can totally use the canned chicken breast that looks kinda like tuna.  Just keep in mind that's already cooked so you could just simmer that stuff on low with the other ingredients for a couple hours instead of all day)
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 box of stove top stuffing (yes I DID!)

What to do:
  • Dump it!  Put all the ingredients into the crock. 
  • Stir it up.
  • Put the crock on low and let it do its magic for about 6 hours.  I feel like my crockpot gets a little excited about cooking stuff and it tends to finish up its job early...unlike my oven which takes twice as long to bake something...argh. 
I thought this little ditty was delish.  In hindsight the leftovers were a little more dry than I would have liked.  I probably could have added a little chicken broth or something during the simmer stage to moisten everything up a bit. 

OH! And let me just blow your mind with THIS one...since the leftovers were a little dry I mixed the leftover chicken deliciousness in with some homemade mac & cheese!  YES I DID!  

Seriously, these simple crockpot recipes are kind of dummy proof...which is why I can't believe I'd abandoned my crock for so long!  BABY, I'm BACK! 

And speaking of baby...still cooking her in my human crock.  Any day would be nice for her to make her grand appearance.  Dropped the soap in the shower this morning.  I jinxed myself.  I said to myself "WOW. This is great. You're getting good at this, you didn't even drop the soap!" [Soap flies out of hand...] It was just a soap nub...I left it.  It hurts so much to bend over these days I'm starting to leave trails around the house of things that aren't worth the cramp to bend over and pick up.  


1 comment:

  1. I didn't even realize i refistered for that many crockpots!! But you're welcome for the inspiration!!!

    Dude. Why are you still using a bar of soap! Where in the H is your lufa and why are you not using one!!?? Your water could break while you're over exerting yourself reaching for the dropped soap6 and you won't even know bc you'll be in the shower!!!

    Ill have to try your crock recipe. Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing! What's your mac n cheese recipe?? Comparable to moms??

    Love you. Pop a baby out soon! Oh, and Happy birthday! A day early.

    ReplyDelete