Saturday, June 23, 2012

Better than McDonald's Breakfast!


So, I'm not gonna lie, I tend to be a sucker for McDonald's.  I know, I know...it's terrible for you, but when it's good it seems SO good.  But then you wake up the next morning and feel like you have a stomach full of bricks.

I'm personally a lover of the simple Sausage Burrito on the breakfast menu.  Unfortunately, about 50% of the time I get it, it's good.  The other 50% of the time I get it, it's dried out and terrible.

Before I decided I was going to perfect this breakfast sensation myself, I did a little homework on McD's version of the sausage burrito.  You know what I found?  I'm a sucker for the stinkin advertising.
I think about a sausage burrito and instantly I imagine this.  
Then I go through the drive thru and am given this!
LET DOWN!  So I've been determined to perfect my own McD's sausage burrito.  I think part of my objection to this for such a long time was feeling like it's too much work. But by the time I get in my car, go to McDonald's, order and get home to eat it...I could have already enjoyed a homemade breakfast deliciousness without even leaving my house!

BUT! You can totally MAKE THIS!!! 




















Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Mushroom
  • 2 T. Chopped Onion
  • 1/4 cup Salsa
  • 1/4 lb. Browned Pork Sausage
  • 2-4 slices of Velveeta (depending on how CHEESY you are)
  • Whole Wheat Tortilla (notice the McD's picture TOTALLY makes it look like a whole wheat tortilla and it's TOTALLY not!)
AND It's 100% tastier and better.


Directions:
Place your skillet on your burner at a medium-low heat.  In a separate bowl scramble your eggs adding all your goodies - veggies, cheese, salsa, pork maybe a little salt & peppa!  Once your skillet it hot hot hot you can add your eggs to the skillet.  Just kinda let them simmer for a few keeping an eye on them.  Don't scramble or turn your eggs too much, I think it dries them out.  Slowly flip or stir the eggs around a little.  Watch. Wait. Stir some more.  Repeat until your eggs are fully cooked and smelling delish!  You can then roll your eggs up into your tortilla...I'm NOT a pro at that part hence the lack of picture.  The Chipotle people always make it look so easy.  Aggravating. But they are Burrito Masters.  But then you can roll up and enjoy!  

Then Top it off WITH THIS!!! HEAVEN on Saturday Morning!!!

It was even MORE delish than McDonald's accompanied by my homemade Cafe Mocha!! TAKE THAT McDonald's!!  And can we all tell that I've discovered Instagram.  It totally makes an amateur look like I can take good pics.  PAHAHA! FINALLY!!! So anyways, stop drive thru-ing it up.  We know I'm all about DIY projects...apparently this theme is carrying over into the world of cooking as well.  

TA-dah!



No comments:

Post a Comment