Sunday, January 29, 2012

what i'm reading now

You know I'm a lover of Law & Order: SVU so when I discovered Stieg Larsson's Millenium Trilogy I fell in love.  Of course my "bookie", Jennie, turned me on to this series by loaning me the first book (hmm...I think I need to give that back to you.).  Jennie always discovers the best books first.

Anyways, the series is fabulous.  At the end of the first book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, it totally leaves you hanging, so it leaves you no choice but to pick up the next. Very edgey and suspenseful (just how I like my men :).

As most of you probably know, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was made into a movie that just came out in December. Typically, I'm always a bigger lover of the book over the movie but they were both great.  AND usually I get really pissed off when the movie changes the story line.  The movie (mild spoiler alert) totally changes the story line and I still left the theater loving it!

In a nutshell, I will say -- this series is a must read for all book lovers. Stieg, may you rest in peace...if only you could've written more books about Lisbeth.  I'm in love with her.  Just how I pictured her (and that NEVER happens)!

No comments:

Post a Comment