Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ready or Not, Here I Come...


So I've been talking about starting a blog for over a year now.  I've been post-poning firing her up (yes she's a girl) because I have NO idea how to blog.  I keep reading all these books and blogs about how to blog...and I think the only way I'm really going to learn this is if I just...(gulp)...BLOG?  (Where did "blog" come from anyways?) 

My feet-dragging started when I was stumped on what my theme would be.  I felt like I needed to have a focus with my blog posts -- but I got stuck on how to categorize the randomness of my life: Dogs, Crafts, Cooking, Reading, Working, Working Out (on a good day...), Drinking...

Anyways, here SHE is, in ALL her glory -- The Bowlin Alley!  A generic title that gives me the freedom to encompass whatever the h I want.  Here's hoping, that as I progress with this blogging thing, I'll learn how to 'categorize and organize' like these million dollar bloggers I've been stalking for 12 months. 

My giant leap is happening today, because I'm in a race with my besties to read the most, sip the most and run the most by the end of 2012.  I thought flipping the on-switch to my blog would be a funny motivator to spice up the competition a bit.  I spent the majority of my day creating the most intense excel spreadsheet I've ever made in my entire life...for tracking books, booze & bodybuilding. Hilar, right? 

So I kick off my first blog post in honor of boozing it up, while reading books AFTER building up my bod!

4 comments:

  1. Mizzz!!! You found by WEB LOG!!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I want in on the drink most/read most competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog. Wish we lived closer so I could be totally nerdy and learn some craftiness with/from you. Love you. Ill be back to catch up on your latest reads and activities.

    ReplyDelete